I’m a big fan of Google Calendar and use it for just about everything. I’m also in love with my IPhone. Is there any way to sync my Google Calendar with my iPhone?
This is something you can do with the right tools. And the tool for the job is a great tool called NuevaSync and it lets you do just that. There’s a free service and a premium one that cost $25 a year. The difference is in the features between the two versions, but the free one will let you sync calendar events as well as contacts.
Here’s what you do:
First of all, you need to sign up to the the service, confirm your email and login into the dashboard. The dashboard has only four options, so just go ahead and pick the “Change” option. You will then just enter your Google email or Google account id in which you want to sync your Google calendar with.
Once that is done, go to your Settings within your iPhone and you will just chose Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
1. Select “Add Account”.
2. Choose “Microsoft Exchange”
3. Under “Email”, enter the e-mail address you used for NuevaSync registration.
4. Under “Username” enter your NuevaSync username.
5. Under “Password” enter your NuevaSync password.
6. Under “Description” you can leave the default or enter a description of your choosing.
7. Tap “Next”.
8. When it has finished, it will display a new field, “Server”. Enter “www.nuevasync.com” as the value.
9. Tap “Next”.
10. On the next page, turn off “Mail” and “Contacts”.
11. Tap “Save”
You’re done! Give your phone a few minutes and your events should start synchronising themselves with your phone. Just make sure you pick a password you can remember, if you’re old enough to pick the name of your wrinkle remover cream, you’re old enough to forget what it is 😉 (yeah, my jokes are getting worse)