I’ve heard that it’s possible to stream music directly from my PC to my XBox. How do I do this?
You’re perfectly right, your xbox 360 has everything it needs to be able to stream media from any source that can broadcast it. Here’s how you can do it.
- Step A – Connect your XBox to your Wireless Network
- Turn on your console and any wireless networking devices (such as a router or access point).
- Plug the Xbox 360 wireless adapter into the USB port on the Xbox 360 game console. Your Xbox 360 should use the same router that your computer uses to connect to your home network and the Internet.
- On the Xbox 360 dashboard, select the System blade.
- Select Network Settings, select Edit Settings, and then select the section that begins with Wireless Mode.
- Select your wireless network, and then enter your network password (if necessary), and then select Done.
- Your Xbox 360 console should be connected to your wireless home network.
- Step B – Set up Media Sharing in Windows Media Player
- In Windows Media Player 11, click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.
- In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media check box, and then click OK.
- Screen shot showing the Share my media check box.
- In the list below the Share my media to check box, click your Xbox 360, click Allow, and then click OK.
- It might take a little bit of time for your Xbox 360 to appear in the list of devices.
- Step C – Play Shared Music on your Xbox
- Using your Xbox 360 controller, select the media blade.
- Select music.
- Select Computer.
- On the Windows-based PC screen, select Yes, Continue. After a few moments, your computer with the shared media name should appear.
- Under Select your computer, select your computer and the shared media name.
- Find the music that you want to play, and then select Play.
- The music streams from your computer to your Xbox 360.
Enjoy the music. With the right formats you can show anything you like on your Xbox, from music, to video, even live event video streaming. Mmmm .. maybe I should get myself one for Christmas