I just got myself an iPad and am trying to figure out how to set up my email. How do I do it?
I haven’t had an opportunity to play with an iPad, but I’ve researched your problem and here’s what I found.
To set up mail
- Tap Mail
- Select your account type. Tap Other if your account is not listed.
- Enter your account information and tap Save. Mail configures most email accounts automatically. Otherwise, you will be prompted for any additional settings.
- Once your account information is saved – you can start sending and receiving email.
You can configure additional accounts by tapping Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account
Check SMTP settings
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Under Accounts, tap the account from which you’re trying to send mail.
- Under Outgoing Mail Server, tap SMTP.
- Tap the SMTP server for your email account and verify the settings are correct.
- If you have multiple email accounts on iPad, try using an SMTP server from another account. Tap the SMTP account and Select On on the On/Off slider.
There you have it; not as easy as turning on the porch lights, but not hard either.
Enjoy your iPad!