I’ve got a wifi network at home and would like to hook up my Xbox to my PC to play music. How do I do this?
I’ve looked up the instructions on how to do this and it seems quite straightforward. Here’s what you do (I’m assuming both your PC and your XBOX are on the network already and you’re using a pretty recent copy of Windows)
First of all you need to set up media sharing so that you can share music and other digital media with your Xbox 360. The following steps describe how to set up media sharing in Windows Media Player 11.
To set up media sharing in Windows Media Player 11
- In Windows Media Player 11, click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing.
- In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media check box, and then click OK.
- In the list below the Share my media to check box, click your Xbox 360 , click Allow, and then click OK.
Now to play music streamed from your computer on Xbox 360
- Using your Xbox 360 controller, select the media blade.
- Select music.
- Select Computer.
- On the Windows-based PC screen, select Yes, Continue.
- After a few moments, your computer with the shared media name should appear.
- Under Select your computer, select your computer and the shared media name.
- Find the music that you want to play, and then select Play.
- The music streams from your computer to your Xbox 360.
There you go, not terribly different and regardless whether your music collection contains latest hits or tracks used Acoustic Guitars you’ll be able to stream them to your heart’s content!