This might sound like a silly question. I just got my hands on a second-hand tablet and need to find out which version of Android I have. How do I go about it?
Not as silly as you may think. I got this question from Mike taylor of bond street who wasn’t quite sure how to figure it out. So here’s what you need to fo:
- Tap on the Settings icon under Apps (top right corner of your tablet)
- Tap on the About Device icon
- Check the number under Android version
Your device will display what version you have:
- Android 2.2 = Froyo
- Android 2.3 = Gingerbread
- Android 3.x = Honeycomb
- Android 4.0 = Ice Cream Sandwich
- Android 4.1 / 4.2 = Jelly Bean
There you have it!