Every time I open a saved document or create a new one in Word, there’s a grid sitting behind my texxt making it really hard to read – is there any way I can remove this?
I got this issue from someone who was trying to put together a I proposal for rv insurance and was going nuts trying to get rid of the pesky background he had always lived with. I think your problem may be that someone (or some application) has added a background to your default document template which is why it appears as soon as you try creating a new document. Here’s how you can edit the default template to remove it:
- Click on the Start button and then click My Computer
- Click on the Tools menu and then on Folder options.
- Click on the View tab and then on the option “Show hidden files and folders”
- Click OK and then close the Windows Explorer folder
- Start Word, left click on File and then on Open
- Select Document Templates in the Files Of Tyle meny at the bottom of the Open dialog box
- Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\<your username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
- Double-click on Normal.dot to open it.
- Click on the Format menu, Background and then No Fill
- Save the changes and then close the template
There you go, you’re done. If you don’t want to see your hidden files any more, follow the first 4 steps again to untick that option.